Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Update

Matches were good again this month. There were 21 matches. This means they have matched a total of 205 children in the Waiting Child Program since December when we entered this program. We were told at that time that there were about 200 families in front of us. Although this seems as if we could get a call any day or should have already been called this isn't necessarily the case. There are so many things to consider that really make this wait a lot of "unknown" in terms of "how much longer". This is extremely hard. There are families that could be more open to a special need or we could be more open so they don't necessarily go first on file first match. They match the child with the family that is open to their need and has their checklist on file first. So we do continue to get closer. The other thing we have found is that about 1/2 of the matches have been boys in this program and we are wanting a girl. So this could mean we are in reality 1/2 way through our wait. You know me, trying to figure it all out. Some of the "knowing" when makes it easier for me not to each day wonder if today will be the day we get the call. But I have to let go and let God. He is never late and never early, but always on time and I hold tight to that promise.

I heard a lady call in to the radio today and give her testimony on trusting God in the wait. What was she waiting for I wondered....then she said for 4 years they have been waiting for their daughter from China. We have been 3 years now. Like us, they too had already named their daughter and also had children at home continuing to get older (not to mention us parents!). She said something that struck me though. Over the course of the wait the reality is we could have been praying for our child from birth, from conception or possibly even before they were conceived and if this is what God needed us to do for our daughter, if this was his plan, oh my I wouldn't' want to be ahead of him for a second! As eager as I am to hold Grace in my arms, I don't' want to comprise one moment of the wait if this is essential in her journey home. So I am convicted in this as well, to continue to cover our daughter in prayer until she is home and continue to pray God's perfect timing and patience as we wait .....

1 comment:

  1. what a great story, I had not heard this but it makes you look with God's eyes instead of ours. I can't wait to hold my new granddaughters but know God has a plan bigger than mine. So we wait!

    ReplyDelete