Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Story Behind the Name - Part 3 of 4

So as you know by name we have decided to name our daughter Olivia Hope-Gao Fisher.

I had felt like Hope was suppose to be a part of our daughters name should God bring us another little girl. I just felt like that would be her story, it would be what she brought people in life. She would be a hope bringer for the Lord. I loved that and thought it was amazing.

At this point we still had not been matched with a child and I thought God are you really bringing me another daughter because you know I don't even have a name for her if you are. I do have part of it, Hope, but what else? I sensed the Lord say you have not asked me her name. You are still not walking in faith and believing I will bring you another little girl. Remember I am never early or late, but always on time. I know Lord but this is killing me, I don't wait well. So Dawn do you want to know her name. Yes Lord. Olivia. Okay folks yes that is kind of how the conversation went with the Lord and how quick he answered. I said I like that name, but I am really about meanings behind names so I said Lord I must go look and see what it means. This is what it means

The name Olivia is said to create an interest in the deeper aspects of life. With a Destiny number of 5 a person with the name Olivia is most likely destined to be a free spirit. They'll grow to have the adaptability, inventiveness, and sense of adventure that allows them to take great changes with stride. A person with this name is said to be an eccentric, introverted thinker who is both analytical and mysterious
In its Latin context means "an olive tree or branch". The name Olivia is a symbol of fruitfulness, dignity and beauty. Extending an olive branch in today's culture traditionally signifies an offer of peace. I also know Olivia coming from olive tree which is where olive oil is made, which is what is used to make anointing oil right...signifying "anointed"

Wow so are you hearing this should would be not just a bringer of hope but an anointed hope bringer, anointed of God! Wow so now you can imagine I was so excited...problem was I still had no child. Isn't it funny though, first I say Lord how could you be bringing me another little girl you have given me no name. Then he gives me a name and I say Lord why would you do that I have no little girl. I am sure God is like really Dawn? I mean come trust me here. I am not a God that teases and taunts, I am a God that brings to pass all I say I will bring to pass. I am a keeper of my promises. Amen right!

Okay so then we get our match and I want to use part of her Chinese name in her name like I did Grace (Fu Gao Jing). So I begin looking at the meanings of the names. Are you ready folks?

We chose Gao why because . It means "tall", "high". Is to "soar", means "mountain peak", means "noble, "honorable".

Okay remember the scripture I gave you of Isaiah -

Isaiah 40:31
New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I am about fell out! Of course that was to be part of her name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They reference this scripture on her foster care home site too at Eagles Wing

Exodus 19:4
New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.

I love that, even in this season as she waits to soar, Jesus has brought her unto himself and carried her o eagles wings bringing her out of where she came and into he own promised land. Amen right?

Pretty amazing name for a pretty amazing little girl we get the honor to be called her mommy and daddy! Overwhelmed....simply overwhelmed! This is more then her name it is her identity in Christ and every time I say it I will be reminded of that!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Congratulations! I hope you have much joy!

    ReplyDelete