Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Little Girl is a Real Trooper

Let me first say Grace came down with a bad virus last weekend that cause the lymphangioma in her tongue to flair up and several to ulcerate which meant bleeding and a lot of pain - it was the hardest thing I have dealt with I think in terms of pure pain in a child. Doctor even felt horrible because other than Tylenol and Motrin nothing could be done or given. Virus would take 3-5 days to run it's course. This little girl though is one tough cookie. She has endured more in her life time then many of us ever will and God has created her with the ability to fight and withstand what I don't think I could. Other than the first 24 hours which I cried with her, she would pull out a smile and her personality would burst through in the midst of the pain. Nights are still a little rough, days are better and we are off the Tylenol and Motrin. The virus has passed, the bleeding just occurs at night time while she sleeps so still washing sheets every morning but she is making progress. Her tongue looks much better but still a ways to go. She is eating soft foods now but still not back to normal there yet. Please continue to keep Grace in your prayers that she is back to normal soon!

We did enjoy some time with friends this week at my sister's pool. Some of my best friends and true comrades in Christ and their kiddos played and we enjoyed a last visit with our dear friend Tina before she and her family move to Florida in a few weeks.

Logan my 10 year old had his physical this week too. He is my big boy. I tell his brothers (who are 16 and 14) and pick on him, well constantly that they better be careful because he will eventually be bigger than them. The day is drawing close. He is in the 90% for height and a little over 100% for weight - the size of a 12/13 year old! He is going to be like his daddy!

Then we ended the week with a day at Carowinds. With the heat index here it was over 100 degrees so we went late in the day and enjoyed the water park, then some dinner, a show and then sun had gone down and we rode rides and enjoyed the lights. It was a great time! Grace really liked the water park.




The big boys returned from the water slides and Grace was intrigued with the big bucket of water that dumps out so they took her under it!
This is Logan - my youngest son I was just telling you about.....
We watched Snoopy on Ice show and when we came out later we saw Sally and Grace thought that was very cool, though she wouldn't go see her alone
and Lucy!
So hoping here in North Carolina this heat wave subsides, Christian and Guy have been on baseball field all weekend in this. Grace and I managed an early 9:00 game but that was about all we could take. I decided a baby shower was a little more fun Saturday afternoon, it was in AC too so hey I had they better end of the stick that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment