Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

The past month has a been a blur, you know one of those periods in your life you sit and reflect on afterward and whether it was good, bad or ugly you know without the hand of Jesus gripping a hold of yours you could not have made it?  Let's see just to hit some of the highlights that I can share, there are more but to protect some I am going to leave it at the list below:
1.  Grace had an allergic reaction to a bug bite and her whole calf turned blue - yep a trip to the peditrican and a round of antibiotics which she is still taking.
2.  Logan had two teeth repaired that he broke in a swimming pool accident and came home that afternoon after the dentist appointment and fell on his ripstick and broke his collar bone.  He just came out of the sling but is not released for physical activity and lost his fall baseball season.
3. Some unnamed battles with some of my boys - a battle that required much spiritual sweat, a battle we haven't won yet, but I know the ending and I am holding on to that truth!
3. My aunt passed away suddenly at the age of 63 which has rattled my uncle, her two sons and granddaughers as well as the rest of the family.  I was asked to speak at this funeral.  It was an honor and God moved but it was an emotional time.  A time though where heaven invaded earth.  The funeral was the same day that I came home from our retreat.
4.  Which brings me to the good.  God moved in an incredible way no matter how many arrows Satan shot my way this month.  I still picked up my sword and battled.  God showed up in such a powerful and personal way and blew our minds with how "crazy" he was, radical, just sold out in love with his daughters.  We had 37 women attend.  Women from their 20's to 60's; 15 different churches; 8 different denominations; several unchurched; all coming together as the body of Christ.  All touched by the hand and heart of God Almighty.  God took me upon the mountain this weekend and allowed me to rise above the valley where I had been, filled me up and set me back on solid ground to continue to walk this season out.  I am in awe of Him!  Testimonies and pictures to come soon to our website, www.oaksofrighteousness.info  Our next retreat will be in the Spring of 2013 for teen girls 13-18. 

2 comments:

  1. hey sister- sounds like you and i are on the same road together- each holding onto Jesus for dear life! our adventure weekend retreat that i just led sounds like your retreats-- very intense 36 hours with God-- an outpouring of God's love for his daughters. i love that you're doing one for teenage girls-- when natalie turns 13-- she and i are hopping' on a plane to you!!!! actually- would love to go to one of your retreats-- and spend some time with you and kelly-- once things calm down a bit:)

    love you so much- and miss you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg Emily I can't wait until you come down and we get to do a weekend together! I love you and miss you. And when Natalie turns 13 oh that will be so fun too

    ReplyDelete