Saturday, January 10, 2009

Grace is Blessed with Her First Outfits by Her Aunt Kelly


Well talk about an overwhelming moment today. Kelly calls and tells me she had been to this boutique today and everything was on sale 60% off. Beautiful outfits that otherwise she could never afford. She said she got 3 adorable outfits for Lily and I needed to get over there. Well right now as much as I wanted to I could not justify spending the money though I didn't tell her that. Kelly has been blessed with adorable clothes for Lily from a Friend of hers that has been giving her some stuff from her last child. Grace bless her has nothing yet I thought but she will. Hmm, maybe I will go by there....
Next thing I know Kelly is pulling up in my driveway, about an hour or two later. She walks in with a gift bag crying. (Yes that is how the boutique packages their purchases) I said what is wrong? She said God said this weren't for Lily they were for Grace. We both set and cried. She said I tried to negotiate with God and asked if I could give you one outfit but he said no they weren't mine. She said I even tried to go home and ended up turning the wrong way which brought me here. She said then I thought Grace doesn't even have one outfit and I God has given me the opportunity to bless her, an honor right.
Now are these the most adorable clothes or what? Grace is going to look beautiful in them!
Thanks Kelly for listening to the Lord. I pray he blesses you 10x over for the blessing you were to Grace and I in your obedience. I will share this story with her as I dress her in them the first time and sure the memory will come to mind a bring a smile to our faces every time she puts one on. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me smile to hear what you wrote! You are right....God has blessed me with a closet full of clothes for Lily and that day it was my turn to bless someone else! Yes, it was definately hard for me during the struggle with God in the car, but when I gave them to you it was easy! I love you too!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all remind me of my sister and me! You're daughters will have a close relationship with one another, too and will consider each other sisters instead of cousins!!God is goooood!!

    ReplyDelete