Monday, March 26, 2012

A Fun Day at Great Wolfe Lodge!

The kids were out of school today so we decided to go to Great Wolfe Lodge. The boys have been (Jonathon actually works there as a Lifeguard) but the girls have not been yet. Unfortunately christian did not get to go because he had baseball practice so we missed him.


My sweet girls
with their big brother Logan
I definitely have two very different girls. Olivia my more sensitive, reserved, cautious, tender and sweet , my one who is still taking in this new world around her and overwhelmed by all life has for her..sometimes that brings smiles ear to ear and sometimes that brings her doing a lot of "watching" or even fear with a death grip to whoever has hold of her at the time. She did not like water in her face or on her head. The biggest slides she could do we didn't even approach, the medium slide she had not part of, the smaller too she did, but even one of those she spun from her bottom to belly and went under at the bottom and I had to pull her up. She was only in a foot of water she could have just stood but that never entered her mind, just fear. I scooped her up and loved her and she felt safe again, but was not going on that slide for sure. She did however really enjoy the big slides that she could do with me, that was because we were in a tube together not in the water, and she had a hold of me..gotta love my girl that is all girl...I am balancing being gentle with pushing her to embrace life a little more fully and breaking through that fear. I love it when she steps out and steps out and what once scared her now puts a smile on her face.
Hummm, I think i will just touch from here, not to close
Now this is my speed mom, I like this little things in the ground that squirt water up
and sitting on them is kinda fun too
my sweet girl with the infamous Chinese peace sign
She cracks me up...ok let me explain this face. When Olivia would get upset with me when I talk to her she rolls her eyes back in her head to keep from crying, when i make her look at me the tears come. When she is happy we tease her about this, and say what does Olivia do with her eyes when she is mad at mommy and then she rolls her eyes and laughs, and recently she has started popping the lip too....she was doing it here to be silly.
She did enjoy the jet skis too
Now as you can see from the shot above my Grace is not about the frills and just embraces life with little fear, I am always hearing "come on Olivia" and usually Olivia will follow her, which has been great pulling her out. Grace loves to run and play and is just a barrel of fun, she is a tough little cookie, but also has a sweet side too and is very good with her big sister, often just giving her a hug or a kiss and saying I love my sister Olivia, which Olivia just smiles big! This slide above is the one Olivia would not tackle.
The slide is the one Olivia did once and one time only after the spin under water...wondering if Olivia ever been to a pool before, think it all was like omg so fun, omg overwhelmed!
the jet skis
This slide they both enjoyed
Logan we saw only a little bit he was off on all the big slides most of the time. Jonathon hung with me and the girls like a good big brother and would watch Grace for me to take Olivia on the big slides she really liked.
Logan and Olivia, see the grip she has on him in the wave pool
At the edge of the wave pool, look at Grace pulling her out there
Fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment