Thursday, May 23, 2013

We Have a Kindergartener in the House!!!

Where do the years go?  My little baby girl, Grace waked across the stage tonight and graduated preschool.  It seems like yesterday we walked into a room in China and met our precious baby girl for the first time.  She was 22 months old. I held her so tight and loved her and my precious bundle of joy came to life.  She has brought me so much joy.  She makes me laugh every day. She is a spit fire that embraces life to the fullest.  She has determination and a fire in the pit of her to go after whatever she is passionate about.  She is an over comer.  She has grown so much and I am in awe of the beautiful little girl she has become.  I am honored and humbled God picked me to be her mommy.  She is my little me.  I could not have birthed a child that would have in any way been more mine.  I have no doubt that God chose a woman a world away to bring forth her life.  I am so thankful she did. I also believe God knew I was not to carry my little girl in my womb, no my girls would be born in my heart.  This girl no doubt was born in mine. People ask why did you adopt, you have four boys.  And why did you go all the way to China when there are needs right here? I say because my daughter was in China.  Wouldn't you go anywhere in this world to get your child?  Some people have children here, some in Africa, some in India or some are to carry their own children. God brings them to us in many ways. He brought me one through marriage, three biologically and two through adoption. Adoption is a beautiful thing, after all God adopted us too!  Oh Lord today I just give a shout out to you in praise and say thank you for my double portion of Grace! 
 
I will show you some pictures but first let me say after the graduation we went to the classroom to watch a video of photos from the year and also an interview they did with each of the children.  Here was the three questions asked and Grace's response:
1.  What do you like to do at school?  Play cars
2.  What do you like to do with your family at home?  Play cars with Olivia
3.  What do you want to do when you grow up? Be a cars girl
 
Bahahaha we might just have our next Danica Patrick!
 
 
Walking down the isle to in the sanctuary to her graduation and spots us in the pew

Pledge of allegiance

Our preschool graduate

We love you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment