Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Concept of the Unexpected


Although statistics would say we have a 12 month wait to match and aboat 15 months to hold our child in our arms we are claiming for quicker and thinking 2009. We could be wrong, what if we are, what if we missed God? Oh the pride in looking foolish, but then I realized this during a corporate prayer when I felt God was ministering to my very soul...."would you rather miss me stepping into me or shreaking back. When will you trust me? So much I have for you yet you shrink back. I challenge you to trust me and not any person. Take your eyes off those to your right and yoru left. Listen to me. If I don't speak be still and wait. You will hear, you already have you just don't trust it!" Oh Lord forgive my unbelief. I want to trust you. Join me please as there is strength in numbers. Deuteronomy 33;20 says "one can put a thousand to flight, two can put ten thousand" 10x the power by 2 joining in prayer what more can we do joining all of us together. Warfare and worship are powerful weapons for us in this journey.


Then another friend says to me this week that she felt the Lord saying it doesn't matter what it looks like in the physical because the Lord has let you know what he's doing and that is happening. Oh my goodness she had no clue my struggle. I am feeling 2009 but statistics say 2010 this makes no sense, but has any of this? ha! She said I was to speak truth.


Then my devotion today "the concept of the unexpected" - God employs it all the time! It said God will wait til the very last second when the people who are going to lose hope have lost it and the people who haven't are holding on with their last strength, and then, in completely amazing ways he will step in and ave the day and the climax wil lbe perfect. Afterwared, his people are left with nothing but head over heels exhuberant radical love and praise for Him, as we ll as a small, subtle thought in the back of their minds: Why Didn't We Trust Him More?

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and thanks for the update...I put myself as a follower of your blog which might men automatic notifications when you make an entry. If not, would you add me to your notification list?

    Looks like this might be your avenue for writing....I've been getting more nudges to keep up with mine,too....

    Have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace...how appropriate. Isn't He full of surprises? We don't always see the "next step" when God calls us to move. He might tell you to talk to move - yet the water in front of you has not yet parted. Remember when Joshua was to lead God's people across the water? The people were told to "consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow God will do miracles-wonders among you!" THey couldn't see the next step...but prepared for it anyway! THe next day, the chosen fellas with the ark of the covenanant were told to had to go ahead of the other folks and wait by the bank of the river Jordan Note: the river was at Overflow stage at this point of the year. So it was FLOODING the surrounding land around the river! They were told to step into the water. Step into THAT water? With the ark of the covenant on their shoulders? Yep. That's what the Lord said. :)
    So, when the soles of their feet touched the water's edge(they actually touched it!) - the water stopped and piled up in a heap! If they allowed themselves to believe in the what their "physical" eyes told them, they may have stayed on the river bank. But God told them to wait by the bank and...MOVE. MOVE with HIS presence. THe physical didn't "look" like what they thought it would. BUt the Lord knew EACH step in the process and how it would look on the other side of it. And how did this all turn out?
    "and there they stood; those prists carrying the ARk of the Covenant stood firmly planted on the dry gorund in the middle of the Jordan River while all Israel crossed on dry ground. Finally, the whole nation was across the Jordan and not one wet foot."
    I pray awesome crossings for you with dry feet! :) Your Grace is across a much larger body of water than the RIver Jordan...but the same God who made the Jordan River made all the other water, too. When you look back on next year, may you see the water piled up in a heap and do a dance of praise to the Lord with your dry feet!

    ReplyDelete