Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 3 in Guangzhou

Well I did not enjoy the Thai restaurant last night. I ordered some sweet and spicy shrimp.  Thought that was safe.  It was a little too spicy for me and the shrimp a little tough. But what threw me the most was when they brought my plate and I saw the shrimp all around the outside of the plate and a pile of something on the inside (fried too) and I said to them what is that?  I thought all I ordered was shrimp and that was not shrimp.  I was told that was the head of the shrimp.  So I had heads - with eyes included staring up at me....needless to say I did not eat them! 
 
We then did a little shopping.  Picked up a few more souvenirs and some more squeaky shoes for Grace.  They may annoy me at some point and I may get tempted to take out the squeakers, but right now they are fun, she loves them and they help me keep up with her because she is a wild one!
 
This morning we went to the Pearl Market.  I got some great deals.  Pearls here are a fraction of what they are in the states.  For example a $300 string of pearls here go for $3,000 in the states. I did get a beautiful white pearl necklace and earrings for Grace that I will hold back and give to her for here wedding one day - a long  time from now!  I got a set of black pearls for myself - beautiful! 
 
Then we hit McDonalds for lunch..ahhh a BIG MAC!  We all 3 at for like $7!!!!!
 
Nap time now...then wake her at 2:30 for her last round of shots, 3 of them today!  I hate this for her.  Rest of the day free, maybe a little shopping and hit the pool if Grace does well after the shots.
 
Miss you all, 5 more days til we head home.......yahoo!
 
 Enjoy the photos. 
  • Grace putting Guy's shoes on  - she is a riot!
  • Beautiful waterfall in hotel
  • Fish in the pond at hotel - Grace loves to watch the fish
  • The three of us on the bridge over the pond in the hotel

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I was perusing your blog and Benjamin saw Grace's picture from across the room and went crazy. He ran to the computer and pointed to her. Then when looking at Kelly's blog - lots of Guangzhou pics - and we got to a pic of Grace and Lily he went crazy again, pointing and squealing. He obviously recognized them, or at least Grace. It's the first time he's ever reacted that way to pics on the computer. Of course usually he's in bed when I'm at the computer. I don't know why I never thought of showing him their pictures on the computer before. At any rate, he hasn't seen Grace for almost two months but still remembers her. We'll have to have an Angel House reunion some time.

    ReplyDelete