Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yet Another Day in Zhengzhou

Well I have to say we are a little stir crazy.  Not much to do here and it is very very hot and muggy!  You take your life in your hands when you walk out on the sidewalks here and compete with more mopeds then I have ever seen in my life. The crosswalks that say "walk" really dont' mean much because cars turning seem to think they have the right away and won't stop for pedestrians.  Of course there is the occasional person who is just laying in the side walk sleeping too that you have to walk around.  We get a lot of stares as Americans with a Chinese baby, but they are thankful that we are adopting these babies.  They give you smiles or thumbs up, many want to touch the babies. They say they feel it gives them give luck since we are giving them a better life.  I will tell you I won't miss it here, and if I hear one more man "hock" something up and spit it out I think I will lose it!  NASTY.  The eat very different and their manners or lack there of I should say are not what I am used to at all. 
 
We took the kids swimming at indoor pool, Grace and Lily not real sure of.  We all had to wear swim caps to get in the pool - that was cute!  We went down to the park after naps yesterday.  Nothing like our parks, sidewalk went around water. I can't really explain, have to see it.  Just not what we are used to with playgrounds and cleanliness.  Very different, but got us out of hotel a bit.  We were very hot by time made it back.  Grace liked it.  Guy an Fred got us strollers at naptime so they enjoyed the walk.  We found a great little place for dinner last night so that was good. Grace loves spaghetti! Then back for bed..we all crashed by 8:30pm
 
We are at a nice hotel, 5 star.  So from what I hear there is some "action" here in the evenings.  I was told you have to specify if get a massage you don't want them to finish it off for you, if you know what I mean. Girls of the night are here you can  catch them knocking at the doors after they call or down in the lobby.  Kind of crazy.  Others have seen this, not me!
 
Grace slept well 8:30pm-8:30am.  No complaining there!  We had breakfast and found another area of the park and took a stroll before got to hot. Then hit the little playroom here and had lunch.  Napping now.
 
Count down, we leave tomorrow for Ghangzhou.
 
Grace is just a trip, her personality is so much fun.  She knows what she wants and what she doesn't.  I had to laugh earlier today when Guy was telling her something and she said "no no Papa, no, no"  She is very ticklish so the laugh there when you get a hold of her is hysterical!
 
More later.... enjoy the photos  I am uploading a ton for you all....i know this is your favorite part and the boys and Mom can't wait each day (and Lori I know you too are checking in several times a day) so enjoy - you will want to eat her up!
 
Prayers still needed for Jonathon - he misses us so much!  We miss our boys terribly as well.  So thankful for Skype!  Can't imagine this journey without it.  I have to say all your comments on our posts bless me more than I can say.  It helps me feel a little more connected to home, and reminds me that in small way you are each here with me in so many ways.  We are connected at our hearts and through your prayers and that seems to connect me to you no matter the miles.  I love you all so much and thank God for each of you!

6 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed following along on this journey with you. I know it is hard to believe, but once you are home for awhile you will actually start to miss China. Crazy I know!!! Enjoy the time while you are there. Guangzhou is so much better. It will still be very hot, but Shamain Island is great!!! I will continue to pray for you all. Can't wait to meet Grace and Lilly in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your updates and pictures. I check many times a day and find tears in my eyes. You and Guy are doing an awesome thing and I love seeing the joy in Grace's eyes in her pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture in the swimsuit and cap are adorable! She looks so happy. Hate we are leaving today, otherwise would have your boys over. Will keep you all in my prayers.
    Love,Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you all over there. SO happy. Great photos. Hang in there, July 10 will be here before you know it and your time there will be a blur. What a mighty God we serve!
    Jenn Fromke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn,keeping hanging in there. You have so many here at home just waiting with such anticipation to see you guys. The pictures are so wonderful!! Thank you for sharing your journey with us..love ya bunches:) Keep shining:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the swim cap picture!
    Grace is a doll :)
    Covering you guys in prayer.

    ReplyDelete