Sunday, October 3, 2010

Today Was A Very Special Day...

After nap, she opens her gifts. She tries on her braclet from us..sterling silver bangle. When she outgrows we will save for her wedding day to tie in to her bouquet - something "old" to remind her of the day she was dedicated to the Lord.
Humm..what is in here?

After the service Grace enjoys her lunch...she looks the jelly out of the center of the "uncrustable".



Cupcakes.....


Today we had the honor to dedicate Grace. After God has given this special little girl to us, today we dedicated her to Him. Of course I planned ahead and charged the video and camera and brought them to church. However, in the moment forgot to hand them off to someone to take he pictures....uggg....she looked beautiful though and I a couple folks told me they took photos so I am hoping to get some good ones. Will post as I have them. I also will have her portrait made in the outfit probably next month when we go do family pictures for Christmas.


I really felt after searching for weeks for a white dress that I was to put her in one of the chinese dresses we bought in Guangzhou. The size that fits her now is hot pink, not traditional for dedication but perfect! I had to smile when I looked at the print - butterflies - very special to us and a sign of her transformation and new life. So hot pink dress, gold butterflies, gold flats and a big bow in her hair - adorable! Perfect.


Check out a few photos though of her once back at the house..again I was spending more time enjoying family and friends then snapping shots.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn. I saw your post on Benjamin's blog and I must say...I am so happy you stopped by!!!! I just spent the last hour or so catching up! Boy have you guys been busy! Grace is adorable and looks to have totally adjusted to life in the US (not ever thing she won't lol)! Oh how I loved looking back at all of the photos ~ especially the ones from China...

    Anyway, we are headed back to Children's tomorrow for Benjamin's appointment with the neurosurgeon. I will keep you all posted...

    Say HELLO to everyone from us!!!! You truly had us laughing the whole time (and please let Freddie know that Benjamin is still smelling like sh!t most of the time LOL)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete