Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Big Scare in the Fisher House

This Thursday early evening I got the call that every parent hopes they never get....your son has been in a car accident and is being taken to the hospital.  I literally thought I would fall apart right there. I was in the office, Guy was at home - he headed straight the accident sight, about a mile and half from our house.  Jonathon my 17 year old and his girlfriend were already in the ambulance and it was pulling away.  I was stuck in an hour of traffic from the office - it was the most torturous ride ever.

So what happened:

Jonathon over corrected, ran off the side of the road losing control on the dirt (very narrow road) and went into a ditch, hit a barb wire fence and flipped the car (not sure how many times).  His girlfriend was thrown through the sun roof (we found a small tear in seat belt so not sure if she had on or ripped some and gave way).  Also sunroof wasn't open.  So must have flipped and somehow dislodged and flew out and then she flew out on second round. Lots of unanswered questions. But I will say God was in this in so many ways.  You see, the police office and wonderful people who stopped said they were lucky to be alive.  A women how was passing him stopped - and held my son the entire time until medic came - then she called me.  What an angel!  Jonathon or his girlfriend don't  remember much.  But Jonathon remembers losing control, hearing the screams of his girlfriend and then getting out of car when the car stopped and he couldn't find her...panicking running through the field crying out to find her, her body unseen due to the tall grass - finally finding her and holding her and yelling for help. Oh how this story breaks this mother's heart. The panic, the fear, the what ifs that could have happened paralyze me.  You see one of the poles from the fence went through the back window and very close to his girlfriends seat - did God save her by sending her out a "closed sunroof" and did God dislodge a "seat belt" I will never know these answers this side of heaven, but I know God has been plans for these two and no way no how is he done with them yet. I know he didn't cause this, but I know he will use it...in the words of Jonathon "I never had testimony - a praise of my own- but I do now" Amen!  I am so thankful no one was in that back seat either or they would not be here today. thank you Jesus their two close friends who are often with them were not this day, thank you my other son Christian was not there. Thank you Jesus thank you for all the things that could have happened but didn't  and I give you thanks and praise for what did. May these two kids and all who hear their story encounter you personally and know you are God, you care, you save and you do miracles even today.

So, I know you wonder are they okay? Yes, Jonathon has bumps, bruises and a few scraps and a little sore. He walked away after a few hours in the ER.  His girlfriend spent one night in the hospital. She has a few more scraps and bruises and she fractured her spine in two places. This was hard for Jonathon and emotionally is more hurt then physically.  She will wear a collar and it should heal in 4 weeks just fine.  Lord I pray for a quick and full healing for her.  Show yourself to these two personally and guide their steps and never ever let them forget what you did for them on May 3, 2012! 

Below i am posting pictures to show you the reality of what God can do!  What he did do!


 the accident site





 notice the heart Allie his girlfriend had painted


No comments:

Post a Comment