Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Significant Day - A Testimony to God's Faithfulness

Today is a significant day for us.  Today Grace has officially been home with her forever family longer than she lived as an orphan in China!!!!!  Grace has been home for 1 year 10 months and 3 days!  Today we celebrate God's faithfulness.  Today we celebrate our Grace.  I pulled up some old photos and one hit me especially hard.  It is one I did not share openly outside our immediate family but yet one I feel I am to share today. Maybe for me to realize God is God and God is good and God is still in the business of doing miracles. Maybe it is for one of you reading this blog and wondering if God really can do this for you? Can he do a miracle in your life, in the life of your child or maybe in the life of the one you feel led to call your own.  The answer is yes.  You see our daughter Grace is a miracle.  The picture I am going to share is one of the best ones even though it is hard to look at for me, of this time in her life.  I got these after we accepted Grace as our daughter because God knows what my decision would have been otherwise or the fear that would have paralyzed me. He knew to see them after and to stand here today I would have to give Him the glory.  You see our little girl for the first 4 months of her life lay in an orphanage on the floor, not even a crib, unable to feed herself because she was still so little and therefore she didn't eat. She was severally malnutrition and if left much longer in that environment she would have died.  Not because of her lymphangioma but because she would have starved to death. It is hard for me to think of Grace when she was abandoned at the hospital gate or when she was left laying on a floor with no one to hold her, feed her but rather left her to die.  So today I choose to know that in those moments Jesus held her tightly and he never took his eye off of her.  In those moments when no one this side of earth was loving her, she was loved by the one who created her.  Today I choose to focus on Eva and the wonderful people at Angel House who took a chance on her, brought her in, fed her, held her and loved her until God allowed me to go get her and bring her home.  I am so thankful to these wonderful people and for what they did - these people of Angel House were Jesus to Grace. They were the hands and feet of Christ loving her and making up for those first 4 months.   You see Grace Ann-Xin Fisher - God knew the plans he had for you and he declared  them, his plans are to prosper you and not to harm you and to give you hope and a future.  Grace I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be part of that history in the making.  Greater things are yet to come baby girl...greater things are yet to come!  Thank you Jesus for saving our Grace and for the miracle depicted in the pictures below.

Who does this? OUR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment