Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Leaving on A Jet Plane...

It is finally about to happen! I have been spinning in a world wind of details, logistics, packing, organizing, and planning. It has been wild, but I think I am about there. We are all packed and ready to go. Work is wrapped up. Kids calendar of events for the next 18 days is organized. And I have managed to squeeze in some quality time with them on top of it all, riding the Virginia Creeper, catching some movies, and pool time. I am going to miss them tremendously! They are growing up so fast. They are doing better with it then me or Guy. It is worth the price of time for what we are bringing back, the little sister they have waited for for 3-1/2 years.

So we leave out tomorrow morning...bright and early (stop laughing those of you who know I am not a morning person, just the one of the many sacrifices I will be making over the next few weeks. We are flying United. We leave out of Charlotte at 6:00am, fly through DC and get to Beijing, China on Thursday, June 24 at 2:20pm We were able to manage a great deal on business class so we should be able to fly in comfort. Pray for smooth flight and that we get some rest.

We will get Grace on Monday, June 28. Our "Gotcha Day".

We will return home on Saturday, July 10 at 11:14pm. This is the moment the boys will be so excited for! This is their "Gotcha Day"!

So folks in less than 24 hours we will be on our way to China. In 5 more days (they are 12 hours ahead of us) we will be holding our daughter...I am overwhelmed at the thought of it.

So what can you do?

Pray - first and foremost for Grace's healing. Her wound is still leaking. Secondly for Grace's transition. We know God planned long ago for us to be her mommy and daddy. Pray she knows it too and the transition and connection are easy for her. Pray for safe travels, and for our kids back home to be safe and patience and peace for my Mom who will be caring for my kidsd and Kelly's. And, pray I can eat without being sick..pray Guy and I stay healthy too. Lastly, pray for us and the boys to do ok with being apart....and anything else the Lord leads you to pray.

I am overhwelmed that some of my friends have decided to stop where they are at 7:00pm each evening to lift us in prayer. We are 12 hours ahead so as they are closing their day in prayer, they will be lifting our day which is about to begin in prayer. I am truly blessed.

I ended my last prayer asking for God's faithfullness in our finances and a miracle in this area, let me just say this, God opened the floodgates of heaven eand provided a miracle here too.

I hope as you have shared in our journey you have seen the faithfullness of our God. Never ever stop dreaming. I dreamed big for Grace. I thought it was too big. My dream is about to come true. Nothing is to big for God. Remember he puts those desires in our heart (we are not selfish) they are there to drive us to our calling. Then he gets to show up big and bless us. HE is still in the miracle business I am proof of that. Little ole imperfect me, is loved by a big perfect God and so are you!

Follow along ,we will be updatign the blog while we are gone with all our stories and yes PICTURES!

1 comment: