Monday, June 28, 2010

The Moment You Have All Been Waiting For...GOTCHA! Meet our daughter, Grace Ann-Xin Fisher!

Well the moment you have all been waiting for.  We got our Grace this morning.  I can not even begin to articulate this moment for us.  I am again crying as I type this.  She is beautiful!  We got up this morning and left to get them around 9:30.  There were 5 orphanages bringing children.  You waited on them to arrive.  Ours was the third one to arrive.  I of course was in tears the moment I laid my eyes on her.  She cried for a while.  My heart broke for the transition for her.  I know although we have loved her for 4 months now, she did not know us. A room full of strangers and crying babies.  Her nanny was there too who had cared for her for 18 months and loved her, so that made it hard too. Her nanny was crying, Guy and I and Grace were crying, we were all a wreck.  We took some pictures with Grace and the nanny.  I told her thank you.  She loved on Grace and left us with a bag. The bag was full of things from diapers, formula, wipes, juice, snacks and clothes to the outfits we mailed, our photo album and the 2 cameras we sent (full) for them to take photos.  They also got a fax while we were there from the hospital and will get it translated for us this week.  They gave us medicine for her wound as well.  And the most precious thing they gave us was a scrapbook they made of her life there, full of photos and notes from her caretakers, and a note from Eva Deng, of the Angel House, asking for us to update her. Yisha, our CCAI rep is going to translate for us later this week.  I just set and wept reading it.  In the middle of the scrapbook they quoted scripture ...in China!  They quoted from Corinthians... "Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious or boastful, arrogant or rude, it does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth, it bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never ends". Our God has held her in the palm of his hands no doubt about it !  Thank you Jesus!
 
I finally soothed her and she fell asleep in my arms.  It was then time for pictures for registration documents.  They had to be awake and not crying.  She did great!  She woke with no tears.  She goes to either me or Guy.  Some children are going to either one or the other. Grace is doing great! We came back to the hotel around 12:30pm.
 
It was lunch time.  Kelly and I changed the girls and went down to eat at the hotel.  She did good.  Sat up in the highchair and ate rice, carrots, roast beef, and watermellon.  She really liked the carrots and watermellon.  After lunch, she held me and Guy's hand and walked with her squicky shoes to the elevator and to our room.  She is a fast walker.  She played some with her toys and then it was nap time.  She did not want to lay in crib so I tryed to lay with her, she wanted Guy, so the 3 of us layed in the bed and she fell asleep on his chest.  Precious. 
 
We just took turns at the document meeting getting all our forms signed for registration and notary tomorrow.  Grace is still sleeping.
 
She is beautiful and wonderful and tomorrow she is legally ours and we are legally hers!  I can't wait for you all to meet her! 
 
We will be skyping with the boys in a few hours, they and mom are on pins and needles to see her!

4 comments:

  1. I am tearful as I read, with chills all over. "CONGRATULATIONS, MOM AND DAD!" Jill called this morning. When I answered I heard: "We got babies!". Nana of Nine!!! I even dreamed about being with you, hotels, dirty femine products, blue Christmas Light (only one)? Strange dreams. I am so very happy for all of you!!! Your angel looks precious in your arms, and she seems to fit "Just Right"..........With Love an Prayers. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So overwhelmed with joy for you. Such touching pictures, they are precious and beautiful. Amazing! Sending love and prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise Jesus!
    Congratulations Mommy & Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much joy and tears of happiness for you guys. These are precious pictures! Thinking of you guys and looking forward to seeing you and your daughter:)

    ReplyDelete