Thursday, December 22, 2011

What a Week...

Yes this week I have been seen a doctor 8 - yes I said 8 times!!! That is for sure a record in our home, one I hope we never break. So let's see...

Monday:
  • Call from school nurse at Logan's school, he is complaining of stomach ache and nausea
  • Followed 15 minutes later by a phone call from school nurse at Jonathon's school saying he fell in Weight Training doing springs and hit his face on the bleachers and was having symptoms of a concussion
  • Thus I spent a good part of the day in the ER assessing Jonathon for a concussion and having CT scan - good news he got the all clear!

Tuesday:

  • Grace goes to the ENT because she has rash all over her ear and nose and want to make sure not reacting to the Debrox she is using for couple weeks....looks like Impetigo but can't explain the red prickly rash all over her face...calls in antibiotic ointment for Impetigo and says you need to see her pediatrician
  • So I call pediatrician as soon as get to car at 4:45 and ask to please let us come now (5 minutes away) and they agreed (they are so good) and confirmed Impetigo and rash think somehow related but put her on oral antibiotic as well as ointment. (side note: she is drying up - and Logan just clearing up from Impetigo she he shared. We keep the ointment on hand with him - major picker he is!)

Wednesday:

  • So I start having sore throat Monday night and by today figure I better go get it checked since pain was pretty bad - yep are you already ahead of me - strep for me!

Thursday:

  • Christian goes to orthopedic. Just followup thank goodness and he is healing good and being released to normal activity (minus the contact sports for a couple months) but a go on the baseball so he is so excited! Already out in the yard with the bat
  • Christian goes to orthodontist. Again follow-up an thrilled to get big chains off since he is doing good.
  • Jonathon - pediatrician for 1) follow-up on his fall Monday. Released to normal activities next Monday after 1 week from fall and symptom free-today was first day with no headache and 2) check for ...come on guess....strep because he started complaining of sore throat on Tuesday and after my results figured best check and yep he came back positive too. I said funny he is my 17 year old and the one who comes the closest to me - ironic huh.

Now the good news..hopefully we are done and all on the mend in time for Christmas! But whew don't want to do a repeat of this week again.

1 comment:

  1. Is it wrong that I'm tired after just reading this??lol! I sure hope everyone stays healthy for a while!!

    ReplyDelete