Sunday, December 2, 2012

Let the Decorating Begin

 
I have some catching up to do on blogging just  been so busy. Last weekend we kicked off the Christmas holidays.  Tradition is on Black Friday I shop with my mom and sister (my niece, Morgan actually joined us this year) and Guy stays home with the kiddos and decorates the outside of the house. Now some may think the Black Friday experience is crazy, actually it is one of my favorite days of the year, a day out with my mom and sister all day - fun and laughs for sure.  We take it slow and enjoy the day and each other and are quit productive.  This year we not only went out at 5am but me and my mom did a couple hours shopping from like 9-12 on Thanksgiving evening - gotta love crazy! My son Jonathon and his girlfriend even ventued out Black Friday - bad side they lost his wallet with a good amount of money in it; the good news an honest man called us that night and found out with everything in it it was returned.  God is good right!  There are still some great people in this world.   Then Saturday he golfs and me and the kids put on the Christmas music and decorate the inside of the house. 
 
Now I will admit that each year as the kids get older they seem to drop like flies when it comes time to decorate.  I think they enjoy the end result of all the decorations and they like pulling out their Hallmark ornaments from each year and reminiscing and the candy canes of course but their help is short lived if I get help.  I take what I can get.
 
But this year I was thrilled that I had two little girls that loved it! And my oldest son, Jonathon's girlfriend Allie was over and she loved it too, which meant he helped.  Even Christian popped down to help even though that was only about 5 minutes.  As for Logan he showed up at the end for a candy cane, playing in the neighborhood was more fun for him.  So he is missing in the shots below.
 
But all done now and it looks a lot like Christmas around the Fisher house.  I love this time of the year.  It is especially fun this year sharing it with Olivia. Her first Christmas in America and learning about all our traditions and the real reason for the season.
 
Olivia  decorating her first Christmas tree
 
 Grace decorated as well
 
 Jonathon fixed what the girls dropped
 

 

Jonathon and Allie helped the girls decorate the top part of the tree

 Christian showed up on the scene, good thing we needed help with the top of the tree
 
What she was holding out for - candy cane!

Blue tongues

Love these girls

Not too bad! God job girls!

Thanks for your help Jonathon and Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment