Tuesday, December 11, 2012

OMG My Baby is 18!

I still can not believe it and honestly don't let myself emotionally go there my baby, my first born, Jonathon, turned 18 years old on December 5.  This boy is so my heart and we have had a connection since birth.  He is his mom made over so we have also had our clashes.  But omg do I love this boy.  He has a huge heart and is strong and compassionate.    He is a good kid.  He is honest and works hard.  He is in his senior year and come June when this boy walks across the stage and graduates I know I will be in a puddle of tears. I remember just like yesterday when he was born and my little boy, now he is a man.  Just hard to believe.  Hold on to those babies ladies, before long you too will have one on the verge of manhood.
 
So Allie his girlfriend woke up super early on his birthday and surprised him with an in person wake up call.
 
 
and she brought balloons, cupcakes she made, a homemade card and later gave him his gift an Afghan that had their picture together on it.  Can you tell my boy is still half asleep?


Then off to Chickfla they went for breakfast before school.  Later that evening he got his card from us.  Love the joy he had in reading it.
 
 
 and then cupcakes and Happy Bday singing of course
 
Because Johnathon's bday fell during the week we went out Sunday night for his bday to his favorite -Tsunami Japanese Steak House.  I am sure we came close to getting kicked out with our wild crew but hey we had a life to celebrate right?
 
Then Saturday we went and got his gift - are you ready?  Yes I said yes to this.. Jonathon got the tattoo he has wanted for some time now.  He is 18 right?  And he put it in a discrete place - his rib cage (also one of the most painful places to have a tattoo - and Jonathon can vouch for that for sure) and he put God's Word on his body. 
 
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 

Jonathon, Allie and I getting ready for the big moment

Can you say ouch?

Yes he squeezed her hand the whole time.
 
He is so happy with it.  I'd say it was a great week of honoring a great kid.  I love you Jonathon and am so honored and humbled that God chose me to be your mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment