Sunday, December 9, 2012

Oh my Olivia...

I just wanted to share two things for a moment on Olivia -

1.  Last week as we sat down to do her home study we started as we always do reminding her of the Scripture that they are incorporating in to their studies at school.  But this week something different happened.  When I said Olivia you are studying Joshua - (that was as far as I got and this sweet 6 year old little girl, here in the US for 9 months said) yes Joshua 1:9 H ave I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Yes  tear fell from this momma's eye - so proud

2.  I am just so excited that Olivia has a friend from China that she is keeping up with.  The only one she really ever talked about was Cheng Cheng (now John Frances).  John is  4 like Grace.  They have skyped and are now writing each other, sending pictures and drawing each other photos.  It is so cute.  It is neat to hear the memories Olivia has of him.  She told me this week she did not have any family in China just one brother. I said you had a brother and she said yes Cheng Cheng.  I said oh, who told you he was your brother and she said the (phonetically spelling here) IEs. These were the nannies there. I thought this was odd.  I said what about the other kids and she said no just Cheng Cheng.  Interesting huh?  Anyway it is amazing how these two adore each other.  I cant' wait for them to see each other on U.S. soil!

check out this journal entry for late last year of a video I got with Olivia and John Francis.  cute

http://dawnandguyfisher.blogspot.com/2011/12/video-of-olivia-counting-in-english-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment