Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just Sayin..

I was thinking today, Grace has done so well that sometimes I talk little things so for granted. You know Grace was only drinking a bottle when we got her. We started right way only giving to her at nap and bed and giving her a sippy cup during the day. She was not real thrilled with that and as a result didn't drink a whole lot (Nanny told me she drank A LOT - all day. Yeah I remember seeing a bottle in pictures always hanging out her mouth, gripped in her teeth). So as a few days passed when she was thirsty she learned to use the cup. She was also on formula. So when formula was gone, we switched to milk - no problem! I thought I would not take the bottle at night right away, I would use all my liners up and then take that next. Now she loved her bottle so this I was a little apprehensive about. She used to require me laying with her to go to sleep, but for past month or two has just taken her bottle, (now her baby) and a kiss and goes right to sleep all by herself....blessed I'd say. But, when I took the bottle, no problem! Gave her a sippy cup instead (she takes a few sips that is it and off to sleep, no excitement about the sippy cup, but no problem either)....so I'm just saying...thank you Lord for all the blessings along the way. I catch the big ones, but gosh these little ones are not so little themselves....just sayin. Let's not miss all the beautiful kisses from our King along the way of the normalcy or chaos (either one) of our day.

We are getting more and more used to a routine. Things are good.

Little bummed out, we were suppose to be celebrating the Chinese Autumn Moon Festival with some other local families that have adopted from China at a local park, lanterns, moon cakes..the works, but weather calling for thunderstorms tomorrow so pushing it out to next weekend.

Off to a little birthday party for my cousin's little 1 year old. Grace will have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment