Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Connection Made By God - Leads To A Mom Whose Cup Overflows!

Where do I start? Thanks to the amazing young woman above pictured with my daughter Olivia I sat in a puddle of tears this week with a heart overwhelmed by the goodness of God. I have to admit this time around has been hard not seeing as many photos as I did with Grace. But this day God over did himself. This young lady and her mom found me on a yahoo group. Alicia is her name and she just came home this month from spending 6 weeks at Eagles Wing with you guessed it, my daughter Olivia! She was about as excited as me to connect with Olivia or as she knows her Gao Jing's momma. Alicia connected with my little one right away and found it hard to leave so to come home and find out who her forever family was had her overwhelmed as well. Truly a God thing!

Not only did she live with and love on and play with and spoil my little girl she was also the photographer during September and October so has photos and videos that she has shared with me...I tell you photo after photo that I saw and video after video my heart was swelling folks! I was falling more and more in love with her.

So let me share with you some of the photos and then I will share the videos later and a little bit more about the personality of my little Olivia through the eyes of Alicia, one of God's angels sent this side of heaven!


This is Olivia wearing the outfit we had in her Halloween Care Package. Alicia got to give it to her. Olivia does not yet know she has a mommy and daddy. She thinks this was from her American sponsor and was very excited opening it. About a month before we travel, Donna at Eagles Wing, will tell her all those boxes that came were from her mommy and daddy that are coming for her. She will also read her the letters we wrote her and share with her the photo album. Donna can't wait for that day, but her best interest right now is for Olivia (she is another one of Olivia's angels) and knows to tell her too soon would be too confusing and cause her to be too anxious.
Alicia took Olivia and a couple other kids out for ice cream. It was tough to find in China but she was determined. From the looks of Olivia's face I would say she liked it!

Is that a beautiful smile or what?
My silly girl
I would say she is gonna fit right in our family wouldn't you?
Beautiful - and I think she likes that bear
Look at that gorgeous smile!
Of course it wouldn't be a picture from China without the peace sign and a bowl of mystery food
Crazy, silly girl
Jiaozuo Orphanage
Jiaozuo Orphanage
Jiaozuo Orphanage





1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures Dawn! Olivia is just beautiful. So excited for all of the great things going on for you and the Fisher family right now!
    Wow...Donna has a very special job doesn't she? What a blessing she is and how awesome it must be for her when she's able to tell a child that they are going to be with their family! :)

    ReplyDelete