Monday, June 25, 2012

The Big Day Has Begun

Our princess was sound asleep this morning at 4:45 when we woke her for the big day (excuse quality of photos for now - taken with my phone)
 but as usual she was a good trooper and ready as she could be based on what she understands about her day.  She brought her bear, Pinky, to hang out this week.
 3 bracelets she said - super excited about that and that they were all different colors

 vitals all good
 getting all ready
 angry birds

Taking her back to OR was the hardest.  She did fine but my heart was breaking, when she said "I love you mommy" as she wheeled away I lost it.  My brave little girl. 

Doctor is very matter of fact which is good but hard too. He said my job was to pray for no bleeding and no spinal fluid leakage, so  I am asking you to join me in this.  He said surgery would last 2-1/2 to 3 hours minimum.  Took her back about 7:10am; just came out at 8:25pm and said just began the surgery. 

This is hard on my heart and honestly I am working hard to bind fear and walk in faith because God did not give me a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mine right! 

2 Timothy 1:7...For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I am focusing on the blessing and promises of God for Olivia.  I am holding my thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

I tell you God is here, right here with us, right there with Olivia.  Here are just two tangible ways God showed me this just this morning.

1.  Anesthesia came in and guess who is with her all day?  A lady I know Caroline, from our adoption small group we are in locally!  I am bet fell out, overwhelmed with God's goodness. She has met Grace but not yet met Olivia until today so didnt' recognize her name right after when get her patients yesterday.  She said last night for some reason she decided to go look at some blogs.  She opened up my sisters who had written about Olivia's surgery today (no coincidences there) and then she opened my blog.  Blown away she said and humbled God would let her care for Olivia.  She promised to take good care of her and treat her like an MVP and she told the others with her the same.  I was in tears. God is so so good! 

2.We were blessed to have 3 wonderful friends from church with us this morning at the early hours (God bless them) and they stayed with us until the doctor came in and then they took Olivia back.  They prayed with her and encouraged her.  The even gave Olivia this card of Jesus with the surgeon during a surgery.  It is an amazing picture but even more it depicts my exact prayers over this week as I cried out God invade that OR, show yourself, guide the hands of her doctor, may he walk out and know he has been in the presence of God Almighty and give credit to you the Great Physician. May Olivia know your peace and your presence there.  But even more Olivia took a card for herself, she was very drawn to it and asked many questions, who is that with the doctor, what are they doing, where is his mommy?  It opened a door for us to explain the mommy is right outside waiting for the child to wake up, but Jesus gets to go in with you and help the Doctor and you.  She just smiled. She wanted to take the card with her into OR and so she did, a tangible picture of what is occurring in there right now


Good friend and our past pastor Craig came to hang with us to which was a sweet surprise.  Mom just got here as well. We just hit the 3 hour mark in surgery and have just been told they are wrapping up so doctor will be out soon.  More later....

2 comments:

  1. So cool!!! I can just imagine your surprise when Carolina walked in. Just amazing! I will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping we will hear good news soon. Been lifting you up all morning!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete