Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Olivia's Pre-Op Visits

So today we went to Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine for Olivia's pre-op appointment. They were great and patient with me in answering all my questions.


We then moved on to CMC-Levine Children's Hospital to get her registered. She met with Child Life and they explained the surgery and her stay well to her and gave her a doctor's kit with items she would see at the hospital on Monday - you can tell she is enjoying those.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjI9gplvJt6D_6_nKyYAITlhwgm-h1_ze-mISDt-WqGqQx-rgbPv3sAFy98CE31SU__Je4euxCFo-VdVixizDJenZpVAKrsTBtHQMC8i7NyHBN3xPRGPNV_PzvbAP2aNGFxRaePhp3Cvjw/s400/Olivia+Dr.jpg

And then we met with the nurse and Anesthesiologist. All went well. Lots of information to take in, lots to emotionally prepare myself for but I am not going there yet. As I prayed for her on the way home I was in tears. She on the other hand is ready for the adventure. We have explained it in very simple terms to her in a way that doesn't bring fear. She trusts us (that is good). The only two questions she had were 1. When I told her she would be flat on her belly for 1 or 2 days - Q-How will I eat? (she is her momma's girl!) and 2. Where will you be mommy? That question I have gotten a lot. As long as I reassure her I am with her the entire time she is good. She is telling people all about her big day on Monday and our trip to the hospital. When we were there today she wanted to know where her room was and where her bed was. Girl wants to check out her pad. What a trip. So I am going to stay in her court and look at this as an adventure for now. In all seriousness, come Sunday, I will post how you can pray....because that is where I need you the most and that is when this momma will begin walking out my faith in a BIG way!

1 comment:

  1. Brings me to tears just reading your post. Being in the hospital with your child just down right stinks, but we do it because we love them and want to see them healed. I can just hear her asking you those questions - sounds just like her! She is going to be just fine and so are you. I am here for you every step of the way. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete