Monday, June 25, 2012

We are Hanging in There

Olivia has done amazing today.  This girl is a real trooper and has blown my mind with her courage.  I told her how proud I was of her and how brave she was and she said yeah mommy I haven't even cried.  She woke up and first words were my back hurts and I am thirsty.  We could help with both of those.  Then she said "Where are my panties?  Too funny right.  Then I had to complain the folly catheter and why no panties.

We moved on to the Progressive Unit. No ICU that was great news. This is a step down from ICU but better care than a regular room.  They have been great with her so far and doing good to stay up on her pain at the faintest whisper which is about all she gives you that she hurts.  A little tear my fall but mostly just a whimper and the look of pain on her face.  She cracked me up when they first checked her vitals and she realized she did not have her clothes on and said to the nurse with a surprised look on her face, I'm naked.  This girl didn't know where the clothes went she had on when she went off to surgery.  She got sick one time after surgery when tried to give some peaches but gave some meds for that and she has since at some crackers, fruit cup and some mac and cheese.  She has also drank oj and water.  Oh and some ice cream tonight too.  She was a little sad when Grace went to play in the playroom when she visited and she wanted to play too.  That is the hard part as well.  But she is doing so well with it.  My mom has spent the day with us and went and even brought Grace up to visit.  Olivia had been asking for her since she woke. PawPaw also came by.  Our little one only slept about an hour this afternoon. 

Here are some pictures from this afternoon.   Can you believe the girl is still smilin? It took all she had but she pulled one out.

the one hour nap

Grace feeding Olivia ice cream

Jonathon and my sister Kelly and niece Morgan are on their way up with dinner for me - thanks!  And my sister is going to spend the night with me tonight...we just roll like that - she is good to me! I know it has killed her to not be here today because she had kiddos to tend to and a husband a work. So she has night shift!

So tonight and tomorrow are suppose to be rough days so pray for a good nights rest and we weather this storm.  Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement.  You all rock!  We feel the prayers.

Please keep Grace in prayers too she was not happy at all - big tears - when she had to leave tonight.

2 comments:

  1. it is sooo hard to watch them go thru surgeries-- these kiddos have already been thru so much. i am amazed at her attitude and trust!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying! Glad to hear the first day went relatively smooth! She is such a trooper!!

    ReplyDelete