Sunday, September 4, 2011

Document Scare But God Prevails!

So this week was crazy. We sent off our documents on August 26 to Raleigh for certification. I probably should have just drove there like I did with Grace and wait on them (and that would have closed the 24 day gap between Kelly and I some) but didn't think of it really. Just followed Kelly in the next course of action. With her a little ahead of me she helps keep me on task. Anyway, when our documents were not here after several days I started to worry. Yep the thing we all dread in the paperwork chase happened...our documents lost! Raleigh says they were picked up by UPS on August 30. UPS says never picked them up and there is not tracking information. Both working with me but both swearing it was the other one with the problem. By Thursday I was to tears over it all. After a lot of time on the phone with UPS and two supervisors trying to figure this thing out - nothing! In fact I was told by one of the supervisors I have never seen anything like this before and I have been her 12 years...I see it is showing tracked now but there is only a label and no package and our system did not generate this. Really????? So at this point I had the lady in Raleigh going to meet me early Friday morning and redo my papers. I was off to go meet a notary and re notarize documents and head to Raleigh. I was not allowing this process to stop for another day!

Folks I hit my face in prayer, literally on the ground and said God I know you can bring me those papers I am not sure I believe you will but I give you my mustard seed of faith to move this mountain. But God if this is not your hand but Satan at work, I will not cower in fear or despair but press in and on and move forward in re doing my documents. And finally Lord if this is pride in me that has to go because I hate to follow anyone I like to lead (yes I am confessing it right here...because if it is not in Jesus I don't' want it in me either) take it! I will follow with a humble heart right behind Kelly.

Friday morning I dropped Grace off to Kelly and I headed out to Raleigh. I decided before I turned out her neighborhood to call UPS one more time just in case something happened during the night...guess what? The supervisor had my documents in her hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started to cry on the phone and said I am sorry I am overwhelmed, you are an answer to prayer. I did not have to drive to Raleigh, instead to the local UPS store and then this time went FEDX to Washington for authentication! Documents arrived Saturday and we hope to have back in hand next Thursday!

I sure will be glad when this part of the process is over...but God can do a work in us even through the horrid documentation nightmare of adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment