Thursday, September 22, 2011

God Finishes What He Starts - Part 2 of 3

So to pick up from yesterday, not only does God see but he promises to finish what he started in each of us. You see he doesn't just "see" us he "sees us" if you know what I mean.

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Nothing was going to keep God from carrying out this good work in Grace and Olivia - nothing! How their life began does not dictate where it is going! Can I get an Amen!

Now our God has plans for these little girls

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.


I knew this, I mean I knew it deep within me. I held to the promises of who God was and I had a lot of peace and have carried it with me through this adoption as well because God is a big God and is capable of doing big things. If adoption taught me nothing else it taught me this.

I encourage any of you out there in the wait to hold on to this truth and to inquire of God. Ask him who your children are to him, and who they are in his kingdom. I believe he has much he wants to tell us about our children, so we are better equipped to help them walk it out. After all isn't that part of our call and our responsibility as parents.

Stay tuned tomorrow for how God answered this for me with our two little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment