Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Lion and an Eagle - Part 3 of 3

So God began to reveal to me the identity of my girls, their kingdom purpose and I was overwhelmed.

Grace is my "Lion". So fitting really. When you think of a lion you think of strong willed, independent, decisive. A lion will equally destroy and save. They are brave in battle (Joel 3:16). They will destroy evil and are champions of light and life! This is my Grace for sure so in the natural I thought of yeah she is a lion alright. She even loves lions. Lion King, Lion King 1-1/2 two of her favorite movies and she is very taken by the baby lion who gets taken away by the Hunters, very concerned and worried. I have a shirt that has a lion on it and she went crazy for it, crying she wanted it. That night she literally slept with it. The next day I promised we would go find her a lion shirt. At her build-a-bear party...you guessed it, her pick a lion!

Olivia is my "Eagle". This was very fitting as well since she is at "The Eagles Wing" foster care home and the quote from their website is their hope is that children would rise on “eagles’ wings” high above the storms of life to reach the potential they were meant to. I am reminded of this scripture from Isaiah one of my favorites. An eagle sees things with an eye like no other. They fly into the storm not away from it. They are extraordinary nurtures and meticulously develop their young. Job 39:27 says they are responsive to the voice of God. They are messengers. Powerful bird, but tender to its young.

So I knew this but what did it really mean? I knew there was more significance then even this alone. Well I met with a good friend, who was our Executive Pastor at our church for several years and has now stepped out starting his own ministry and was updating him on the adoption over lunch last week. I told him I knew my girls were a Lion and Eagle in God's kingdom though wasn't sure exactly what that meant. Well this man of God has much wisdom and discernment and God spoke a powerful message to me that day through him.

He said Olivia was a hope bringer....let's stop there that was the first name God told me I would give Olivia (it is her middle name) before we even decided for sure we would adopt again or had chosen Olivia as our daughter! He told me she would be a hope bringer and I that would be part of her name! WOW! Then he said she will soar and see things with the eye of an eagle. (I about fell out of my chair I told him, part of her Chinese name was Gao which meant "to soar" and I knew I was to include that in her name. Hope-Gao) Crazy right! He said she will be able to see from a long ways off (from above, have the Father's perspective). She will see a far ways out, not so much what is near, becasue she is getting a different picture. Eagles have 20/10 eye sight, that is what fighter pilots have. This little girl Olivia Hope-Gao Fisher - her name means Anointed Hope Bringer who will Soar! I love that I get to call out her identity in Christ when I call her name!

So then he went on to say you have a prophet and an apostle. Two of the Five fold ministry in the church (the other 3 are teacher, Evangelist and pastor). Ladies we are founded on the apostels and prophets with Jesus being the cornerstoen.


Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity
captive, and gave gifts unto men.


Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some,apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists;
and some, pastors and teachers;


Folks I was BLOWN AWAY!

He said yes in the kingdom the lion represents the apostle. Paul was an apostle. The apostle is the first headship of the church given the right and authority to touch every member of the body of the 5-fold ministry. He is a man "anointed" to go and establish churches and ministry, as the Apostle Paul did. The apostle does many things but is a true missionary and does the work.

The Eagle is the sign of the prophet. A prophet brings a word from God and usually it was correction, and such, showing tremendous miracles. A prophet is an encourager.

Then it gets even better I am receiving some more quilt squares and blessings for Olivia as we approaching our deadline end of this month. One I got from someone who knew NOTHING about any of this was one simple scripture and it was this:

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a PROPHET to the nations.

Are you kidding me, I began to weep. Oh God, I am overwhelmed!


Thank you Craig Luper and Lori Davis for bending an ear, hearing God and speaking into the life and destiny of Olivia!

I am blown away, simply blown away. I dare you to ask God who your children are, you will be in awe as he begins to speak, after all why wouldn't he tell us. Don't you think he wants to, don't you think he is dying for us to ask. We are the perfect ones when they are at such a young age to help call them forth and speak into their destiny.

Now I think I will inquire of my boys, you knows maybe I have a pastor, an Evangelist and a teacher......how cool would that be. But whatever God shares, I know it will be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment