Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The God Who Sees - Part I

I must say I love those moments when God takes our breath away. You know when you get this overwhelming revelation that you know is God because it is grounded in his Word, has a punch of pure truth, is encouraging to the depth of your spirit and you are find yourself hardly able to stand underneath the outpouring from your Abba, the one who can call "Daddy". Well God has been telling me about my girls and who they are in Him. For Grace this has been going on obviously a little longer but more revelation in here recently. I want to share with you and on the pages of this blog that tell much of their story. I think I am suppose to tell this in two or three parts so today I share Part I.

These precious little girls, once orphans, given up, walked away from, their own parents turned their back for whatever reason; I chose to say out of love for a better life, but still non the less they were abandoned. A thought to those of us who have have been called to adopt that causes the hair on the back of our neck to stand and our hearts to break. When we at times allow ourselves to go there and imagine our precious one left alone in that moment, life before they were home in the arms of their forever family. We don't want to think about it, but yet we can somehow not allow ourselves to ever forget.

The good news is that God never ever ever took his eyes off of them. Remember we serve the God who sees "El Roi". They were never alone, and I cling to the fact that maybe just maybe they know God better than I could ever know him, because in that moment he held them.

The name “the God who sees” (El Roi) was a name given to God by Hagar. An Egyptian slave, cast out by Sarah and Abraham into the desert, she epitomized rejection. She knew what it felt like just like our girls to be tossed to the side, left alone. But here is the good news my friends. God noticed her plight and came to her aid. In thanksgiving she reaches into her pagan background and ascribes a name to this God who saw her struggles. God accepts this name just as he accepted the rejected and dejected Hagar. Just as he accepts us and these precious little girls. Her story is woven into our story of faith – her name for God one of the brief glimpses we have of the nature of God. The one I cling to today. The one that allows me to get through each of the days as I wait to bring home our little one, Olivia, still a world away from us, but not out of sight of our God.

I pray this day if you are like me "waiting" to hold on to your child a world away that you rest in the truth that God sees them, he notices them and he will come to their aid.

1 comment: