Saturday, February 11, 2012

An Angel in Beijing

I am getting excited! We only have one full day in Beijing this trip and it is going to be a great day. We only know one couple in China and we met them here in the states. She was actually stranded here as a single mom and unable to fly back to China 3-1/2 years ago with her group because the airlines said she was too far along pregnant. A lady in my Bible study told our group about her because she was a dula and this lady found her in the yellow pages because she needed someone to deliver her baby before she could fly home. Crazy story...my heart broke for her and I asked if we could throw her a baby shower. This lady (now my friend) was overwhelmed that people in a country far away that didn't even know her would bestow that kind of kindness and love upon her. I got to explain to her that was Jesus! We began to email after she returned home and I shared the Lord with her and she began to know him and ask about him more. It has been a very cool journey. When we found out our Grace was in Beijing I wondered could there be a crazy chance my new friend was close, could this be a true connection by God. Remember we can't out give God...I poured out on her, well guess what she lived 10 minutes from Angel House and she poured out on Grace and the Angel House.

She visited again last year and we connected again, she came saw Grace for the first time out side of her foster care home and was overwhelmed with tears. She even went to church with us and loved it, nothing like that in China. She could not believe our Grace singing, dancing and worshipping God - hands in the air and all. Yes she took out her video camera in church and videoed Grace worshipping God and said I have to take back to Angel House and show them!

Now we are going to her world in 5 more days! She will pick us up Saturday and we are going to:
1. Visit Angel House and all the women who loved Grace and thank the Director, Eva who took a chance on our Grace and saved her life. Oh what a emotional moment this will be. I know heaven in this moment just might invade earth.
2. Our friends are going to show us around a bit
3.Then to dinner at the Beijing Hotpot See the picture below. She said it is a typical food from Beijing which is over 1700yrs of history! Cool huh!

4 Our final spot - Chinese Kung Fu Show (my boys are so jealous!)
5. Time for good-byes and a good night sleep because we head off the next morning for another big day.....fly to Zhengzhou...yes that is where our Olivia is waiting!



So I am excited about our 1 full day in Beijing. Our friends there (who also have a boy Grace's age) - (and are only people we know in China)

No comments:

Post a Comment