Friday, February 17, 2012

We Have Arrived in China!

I have to say it has a great trip and our little girl Grace never ceases to amaze me! We were up at 3am and Grace at 4am. We took the 7:00am flight through Chicago and then had about 3-1/2 hours before we headed to China on a noon flight.

First flight Grace talked my ear off! We had one crazy moment of surprise turbulence where I came at least 4 inches out of my chair like I was on a roller coaster. Grace thought was funny when her drink splashed out of her cup.

The highlight of the layover in Chicago was the moving sidewalks in the airport that Grace loves to ride.

Grace fell asleep as we were taking off and slept for 3-1/2 hours! Then the movies were great, tons of kids ones for her and yes they even had Cars! This entertained her and she colored some too on the new Cars coloring sheets her Aunt Kelly got her for the trip! (thanks Kelly) she then slept the last few hours of the flight as well (had to wake her).

I did have a rough last hour on the flight not feeling good at all but seems a good night sleep took care of it (Praise God).
Grace has asked each step of the way "Wait, what about Olivia?" I have to remind her not yet, she is so ready to get her sister! She has also asked a few times already "Can I go home now, I want to see my brothers". She is just ready to get Olivia and go home....me too, but it just doesn't work that way. So we will make the most of it.

We all were in bed at 8:00 and honestly was blessed that she slept til 4am ( I had been dozing since 2:00). Will work out well though because she can nap around 10am and we can grab (think we are doing McDonalds) before my friends LC and Coronado and their 3 year old son Daniel pick us up 2:00. More to come on our afternoon later.....it includes a visit to Angel House where Grace lived .

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you. Grace sounds like Lily. She just wanted to get Liam and go home. She missed her brother and sister so badly. I pray for a good day and that the Angel House is all you expected and MORE! I know it will be hard, yet such a gift. I am overwhelmed with emotion just thinking about it. This lady you are going to meet made a life or death decision for your little girl and she chose to give her a chance at life. What a blessing to be able to meet her and thank you in person! I know that God will give you the words to speak to this wonderful women who has dedicated her life to helping these children without a voice. Go show her how much God loves her and appreciates her. I know you will! Love and miss you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dawn, guy and grace!!!!!!!!!!!!

    so glad you're on the ground!!!!!!!!!!!! man i miss you-- even though you don't live by us-- when you're on the other side of the world-- i smiss you!!!! can't wait to see you meet olivia-- praying that God is preparing her heart and that even though this may be hard for her, she trusts you. she understands that you will be her family-- i am sure grace will help with that big time!!!!

    love you all!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete