Saturday, February 25, 2012

Our Final Day in Zhengzhou- First Day in Guangzhou

We had a low key day to begin with on Friday. The kids (our girls and Alex and Annabelle-the Leonard's, bounced between rooms as we packed up - see photo to the right of them grazing the snack table). Then we went and let the kids play in the playroom. They had a blast with the ball pit and throwing them at their parents! The photo I took is out side the window of our hotel from the playroom. You have to love Olivia's gorgeous smile - you can't help but see the glow in her all the time. Gosh we love her! The other two are Annabelle and Alex. Alex is a fireball and adorable! Annabelle is a right there with my girls each step of the way and we have become quit attached! Gosh I am gonna miss this family when we leave. Grace was too busy playing and wouldn't pose for the photo with the other 3 - no surprise right?! Olivia is just so photogenic, I don't think we have a bad picture of her. She just cracked up at the photo of her with all the static in her hair . This girl is a trip!

Then we got our travel group photo on the steps of the lobby with our sweet guides Yisha-who I dearly love and cry each time we leave her, Cindy and Vivian. We also grabbed a shot with Shelley and I with Yisha.

Then what started as a easy day ended in a very long night. Flight was not until 6:15 which put us at hotel in Guangzhou at like 11:00pm! We were all tired and hungry! I am so glad Guy went down and got our luggage and did not wait on bell boy which took 2 hours to bring luggage to room because there were 50 families checking in with adoptions! He then went next door for McDonalds and got propositioned twice by prostitutes - asking him if he wanted a massage fallowed by a happy ending! Hysterical right! Girls hung in there though and did great on flight which had some crazy turbulence - Grace yelled out "hang on everybody"! Olivia got an attitude at me on the playground at the airport I will say - she can surely be obstinate if she wants, and it even carried over to Guy for a bit too...ha! she shook it off though.

This morning we woke up and went and did Olivia's visa photo and medical exam on the island. She smiled beautifully of course for her photo. Did great on the medical exam. I will say we have had some breakthroughs today me and my girl! First at the medical exam when the nurse took her for eye exam she pulled away and grabbed me - score one for the momma! Yes! She was pitiful when she had to get her TB shot. She knew something was up and started to whimper and cling to me when we entered the room. When our guide told her she had to get shot - she said no I do not want a shot and pulled both arms away crying - poor baby! I spoiled her though after wards with shopping and ice cream. score some more points for momma, this girl had my hand all day! She is gonna be my shopper and my priss pot all girl! As she picked out coloring pads, dress up stickers, pink light up ball etc and Grace picked out cars and planes! Gotta love it! But these girls do so amazing together! I will say one store had a cat and Olivia FREAKED and jumped into my arms clinging to me. I remember her report said she had never been exposed to animals, this the fear at the aquarium and with the cat. The lady in store tried to tell her the cat was nice - but Olivia said back to her in Chinse - "I do not like cats at all!". Ug oh Molly! We stayed back from the group and enjoyed lunch at Lucys and shopping with the Leonard's and took a taxi back to the hotel.

The rest of our afternoon we have spent chilling around the room, took baths and ordered Papa Johns and girls are eating noodles. Olivia has spent more time wit me today even in the room she came to get on my lap - yes my lap! I was on the computer and she bent down and kissed my hand - melt my heart! Guy said she hasn't' even done that for me! Then I looked down and she was writing her name - she had written "Oli" and asked me how to spell the rest? She began writing her name! Love it! Then she asked me how to write my name, and Daddy and Grace. She began writing our names. Then put my name and hers together in a box and put stars around it! Okay I was melting. This once little girl who kept me at a distance was letting me love on her, and rub her back....oh it has been a very good day! We have had lots of tender moments and many laughs ! We are ready for an early night after a late night last night, early morning and no naps! Olivia did ask me to skype her nana and brothers - so hope they are up early so we can talk. It is rainy here in Guangzhou but we are making the best of it it! Enjoy some photos

By this










5 comments:

  1. hi dawn!!!!!! i'm making a book for yisha with all sorts of pics-- the one with you shelly and her would be perfect-- see the HKI blog for details- and pass it on to the other families in your group!!!!!

    love to see Olivia smiling!!!!!

    how is the new hotel??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily hotel is nice but I so miss being on the island. There is soem shopping around and a park but it has been rainy and cold so we haven't ventured out yet to see. My vote still would be the island. And nothing tops the White Swan breakfast buffet.

      Is this a book you are giving to Yisha when you come? Can you pull this photo off my page or do I need to email you?

      Delete
  2. Dawn, it sounds like a wonderful time the bonding must feel incredible. I am so excited for you and Guy. I am so glad the Lord has blessed you greatly and continues to do so. Love ya Missy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy! I can't wait for you to meet her, she is amazing! Love you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Stranger! LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos!!!!!! I am so truly thankful the Heavens above for putting us together once again. You know WE ALL love you so veyr much!

    ReplyDelete