Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Day of Recovery

Grace came down with cough yesterday and then fever hit her of 102.6 during the night. So today we got up moving slowly and had breakfast, but spent rest of the day in the room chillin and pumping my girl with Tylenol and Motrin tying to keep fever under control and her feeling better. As you can see from pictures they enjoyed those tablets, suckers and movies on NetFlix. We napped and Guy picked up McDonalds again.

This afternoon I had to meet to get Olivia's visa paperwork together but that was all we had today so that made for a good day to take it easy and let Grace rest.

We did meet the Leonards for dinner in the hotel because we just had to get out of the room. The food was way over priced and just average but the laughs were well worth the adventure. I laughed so hard!!!! It all started when the sesame chicken came out a little different than we see in the states....take a peak...and yes we ordered half a chicken, so we got half a chicken head too! That did the guys in...check out their plates...nothing on them! Shelly and I did eat though and so did the kids. The fried shrimp also looked a little different, yes those are the eyes - we pulled those off and at them though - they were actually really good and Olivia loved them. I have to laugh though at one point Keith literally had to walk away from the table, so I put the half of a chicken head on his plate, check out the look when he returned - priceless....omg this had to be one of the funniest dinners ever! I got my moneys worth in laughs!

Please pray Grace's fever breaks and she feels better tomorrow and no one else comes down with it. We have to go get Olivia's tb results read in the morning and then are going to the Pearl Market. I tell you I think almost every family has been hit with sickness this trip, it has been crazy, fevers, stomach bugs, and lots of coughs adn cold.











5 comments:

  1. too funny!!!!!!!!!!! i wouldn't have eaten either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could have eaten the chicken! Too funny. I can just see Guy's expression now....refusing to eat it. I hope Grace starts feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to catch up with your trip and hear how great GaoJing/Olivia is doing. She is a wonderful kid, and as I said, she was as ready as she was going to get. :) Sorry about the cat. She HAS been exposed to animals, including our cat, but she doesn't like it. She was not happy about the cat photo in the book you sent, but it didn't make her change her mind so she'll adjust. :) I just couldn't be happier about everything you have written. I just Hope that Grace is feeling better.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg it is so good to hear from you! Thank you thank you thank you for all those pictures! A priceless gift. Olivia is amazing! Oh my gosh her smilie is out of this world and she brings so much joy. I am blown away at how well she has done and that is a tribute to you - I am forever grateful. I can tell she can get an attide though and is a big strong willed and as she gets more comfortable wiht us we will see more of those true colors - which fit right in with our family! She is so perfect! Thank you for the gift of all you have poured into Olivia.

      Delete
  4. I am really enjoying catching up on your trip and seeing how well GaoJing/Olivia is doing. She is a wonderful and fun kid. As I said last week, she was as ready as she was going to get and I think that is so evident. We couldn't be happier for her (though we miss her a lot). Sorry about the cat...she has been around animals, particularly our cat, but she doesn't like it. She wasn't too happy about the cat photo in the book you sent, but obviously it didn't stop her from wanting to go! She'll do fine.
    I hope the rest of the trip goes well and that Grace is feeling better.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete