Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Day at the Aquarium

The girls wore their big sister - little sister shirts today so cute, a little big but they work.

We went to the aquarium this morning and the girls enjoyed for the most part. There was one show where a mermaid was swimming with the fish that absolutely freaked Olivia out she was in tears so I took her out. She was scared, her legs gripped me and she held me so tight. After hearing the story I understand her fear, not sure how killing an evil king is a kid friendly story, obviously she was the only one who understood the story though since told in Chinese. Other than that all was good.

Getting ready to go check out papers out back from notary to ensure all accurate. Then out for Chinese tonight at traditional Chinese restaurant. Last night in Zhengzhou. We head out to Guangzhou tomorrow. We are half way through our trip and ready to be home. Miss the boys very much! They seem to be doing great though. So thankful to my mom who is staying with them, she is a true blessing to me!

Before you enjoy some pictures can I please ask for prayer for something heavy on my heart today. There is a family in our group that has been her to pick up their sweet little girl. The baby girl's condition is more severe then they understood it to be after having the baby with them and a hospital visit for MRI and CT scan. They made a decision that I can not imagine every having to make. They decided to send their little girl back to the orphanage. The orphanage came last night to pick her up. (and yes I did ask if I could take her, but the Hague rules won't allow it! Shelley and I have been in tears). Please pray for this sweet little girl and that God has her forever family waiting very soon and that her going back to the orphanage is temporary and not a hard transition and that God would protect her. Pray also for this family who is heartbroken, devastated and grieving, numb - they are going to be leaving to go home tomorrow, but they will be leaving without this little girl they had hoped and prayed was their own. This was a daddy I talked to at the bank on Sunday that wore his heart on his sleeve ,full of excitement and anticipation in meeting his little girl, a daddy whose eyes were full of tears at the beauty and the moment of their Gotcha day, a mom whose heart is broken. Please please pray, as they leave tomorrow and go home without their baby.








2 comments:

  1. wow- i feel so bad for that family.. :( that has to be hard for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are enjoying following your journey! You have such beautiful girls. Randy and I made that same long trip to Jiaozuo in 2010 with the Burkes. I'm glad you have the Leonards there with you to make lots of memories together...be sure and tell them hello from the Popes! We are praying for you. We will pray for the family who will be heading home today, too.
    Much love, Robin

    ReplyDelete